Cream Cheese Chicken (no picture :( )Posted: January 30, 2008
This sounded very good and it was low carb. I needed something healthy, easy, and delicious!
I did make a few changes…I left the sauce a bit thinner rather than thicker, I used regular cream cheese, crushed red pepper (only enough for taste), cut the chicken into thick strips.
The recipe was very easy, smelled great, and was very good. The thinner sauce allowed us the flavor but not all the extra fat since we used less on our plates!
I served it with steamed broccoli, salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, dried cherries, and sliced almonds. The meal was very good, thanks to Brown Eyed Chef for the great recipe!
Cream Cheese Chicken
Source: MaryEllen, The Nest
3 chicken breasts, trimmed and kept whole or cut into strips or chunks
1 can chicken broth, separated
4-8 cloves garlic
red pepper flakes
4 oz cream cheese
1.5 tbs flour
2 tsp white wine
– Put chicken in large pan with a little bit of olive oil
– Add crushed red pepper and pressed garlic (I used minced)
– After 1-2 min, add white wine to deglaze the pan and then add ¾ can chicken broth
– Bring to a boil then simmer 20-25 min until chicken is cooked
– Remove chicken and place in a covered dish; keep warm
– Mix flour with remaining broth and add to pan; mix
– Add cream cheese, mix until thick and bubbly
– Pour sauce over chicken
(based on modifications)
Total Fat .7 g a bit more for regular cream cheese..
Cholesterol 61.7 mg
Sodium 932.9 mg
Potassium 39 mg
Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
Fiber .4 g
Protein 33 g