Quick apple crispPosted: February 28, 2008
I needed a quick dessert and found this recipe from Simple but delicious blog and Pampered Chef! It was great..not as good as from scratch but good enough in a pinch! Sorry no picture yet!
5 Granny Smith apples-I used Empire..it was what was on sale at the store!
1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons sugar-I used Splenda
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon-I added a bit more as we love cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted-I doubled it as everything is better with butter!
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel, core and slice apples Cut apples in half. Place apples in 9 x 13 ungreased dish.
2. Pour cake mix over apples.
3. Mix cinnamon and sugar and pour evenly over top of apple mixture.
4. Melt butter and pour evenly on top.
5. Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.