Tilapia with pineapple salsaPosted: March 15, 2008
A great, healthy, Lenten meal! I was able to come up with this recipe from several I found on-line..I had to adapt it to what I had on hand..Here is the recipe with my changes..
1 teaspoon each: all-purpose flour, sweet paprika, dried oregano and cumin-I didn’t have paprika, so I subbed chili powder but used just a bit less than directed!
4- 4oz. tilapia filets
1- 15oz. can crushed pineapple-I used fresh
1/2 cup diced green onions
1/2 cup finely diced bell pepper
1 Tablespoon each: dried parsley and crushed red pepper-Next time I would use a bit less of the red pepper. For this recipe it was too much.
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the skillet over medium high heat.
2. In one small mixing bowl, mix the flour, paprika, oregano and cumin together.
3. On a baking sheet, lay the tilapia filets side-by-side. Spray the filets liberally with non-stick spray and sprinkle the seasoning blend evenly over the fish equally.I dredged the filets in it to coat them.
4. Carefully pick up each filet and place in the heated skillet, seasoned side down. Allow to sear and brown each piece for a couple minutes, then turn over for another few mintues. Make sure they are cooked thru. Flip often as to not overcook.
5. While that is cooking, place the pineapple and juice, green onions and bell peppers in another mixing bowl, stirring to combine. Add the parsley, salt and red pepper and fold all salsa ingredients together.
6. When serving, place the tilapia filets on each plate, topping with a stripe of pineapple salsa.