Citrus Tilapia and Tasty Tool Blogging Event!Posted: March 28, 2008
With all the fresh lemons and oranges around here, I wanted a great recipe to use them. Adding them to fish is always a favorite here!
Also, I wanted to use my new Microplane Zester as part of the Tasty Tools Blogging Event, http://joelens.blogspot.com/2008/03/tasty-tools-blogging-event.html. Using the new zester made zesting the fruit so much easier and I was able to get so much more off the fruit and waste less!
Using the new tool:
Citrus Tilapia Recipe:
- Olive Oil
- 4 (6-ounce) Tilapia fillets I only used two fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice and zest the entire lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice and zest the entire orange
- Half a can of chicken broth
Heat oil in pan. Add Tilapia and cook for a few minutes each side. Once flaky, set aside and keep warm. In the warm pan, add the wine and get up all the cooked bits. Saute 2 minutes or until almost all the liquid is cooked off. Add onion, fruit zests and juice, broth, salt and pepper to pan. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 mins. Add the fillets back to pan to soak up all the juices. Cook 3-4 more minutes. Serve with 2 tbsp of the sauce over each fillet. You can keep the extra juice for a couple days. Reheat and serve over freshly cooked Tilapia!