Fish in a lemon wine saucePosted: May 1, 2008
We love having fresh fish all the time here in Tampa, but it is difficult to keep a variety of recipes around. So, I was looking through blogs and found this VERY delicious and healthy recipe from, Mary Ellen’s Cooking Creations. I made a few adjustments. Here is my recipe!
This is also submitted in Joelen’s Culinary Adventures August 2008 Events
- 2 fish filets
- 1 tbsp flour
- Evoo for pan
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup wine
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- Spinach leaves chopped up
- Salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over high heat.
- Season fish with salt and pepper, and then dredge in flour, shaking off any excess.
- Once the pan is very hot, add the fish and cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Lower the heat to medium-high, and to the pan, add garlic. Saute for 1-2 min.
- Add the wine and let it cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and chopped spinach leaves.
- Return fish to the pan and simmer about 4-5 minutes. Top with parsley