MadeleinesPosted: November 4, 2008 | |
This is a recipe I have been wanting to make for quite a while now..and I am glad I finally did. These cookies are so buttery good. I did top a few with powder sugar, some with almond glaze, and others with chocolate! The little goodies are easy to make up and have HUGE flavor! This would be great with other flavors added in especially during the holidays!
A great hit from Martha Stewart!
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sifted flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter and flour madeleine pans carefully.
- Melt butter and let it cool.
- Beat eggs, salt, and sugar together until thick, about 8 minutes. Add vanilla. Fold in flour, rapidly but gently. Fold in butter gently, but make sure it does not settle to bottom. Quickly spoon mixture into madeleine pans. Bake until golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool on racks.
- I then topped a few with powdered sugar, some with melted chocolates and others with an almond glaze of powdered sugar, almond extract, butter and milk. Thin it out and brush on with a pastry brush! Add in your favorite flavors and ENJOY!