JERK CHICKEN PASTAPosted: November 20, 2008
My best friend Laura had me over for dinner recently and she made an AMAZING Jerk Chicken Pasta dinner. The sauce and flavors were amazing!!! I couldn’t eat enough of it!! THANKS LAURA!!!
4 Boneless chicken breasts (or whole chicken breast pre-cooked)
1 stick of butter
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1 cup of ½ & ½
½ cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon herbs of your choice: rosemary, marjoram, oregano.
1 tablespoon Parsley
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
½-whole bunch of asparagus
8 ounces of mushrooms
1 box of bowtie pasta
¾ cup Jerk seasoning-Preferred is the Jerk Chicken Seasoning from Whole foods
Melt butter in skillet over medium/low heat and add garlic.2.
When garlic becomes fragrant add ½ cup jerk seasoning, cayenne pepper and chicken (already cut up into small strips/slices or whole), increase heat.
Cook until chicken is cooked to preferred tenderness. Remove chicken from pan, leaving the butter/garlic/cayenne mix.
In a separate deep pan, fill pan 1/4 full of water. Place a drainer on top of the pan, add asparagus (cut up into 1 inch pieces). Cover. Steam for 5-10 minutes.
In a separate deep pan, cook bowtie pasta according to the package directions. Set aside.
In a cup stir together half-and-half, chicken broth, and corn starch. Pour into skillet chicken was cooked in.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and then simmer for 3 minutes, constantly stirring.
Stir in ¼ cup jerk seasoning, parsley, herbs, mushrooms, and asparagus for 3-5 minutes to heat through and allow flavors to blend.
Add chicken to heat through.
Add pasta and stir to heat through.
4. Serve warm with garlic bread and salad!
1. In a separate deep pan, cook bowtie/farella pasta according to the package directions. Set aside.
2. Using the pre-cooked chicken, shred the breast meat put into a bowl and cover with ½ cup of jerk seasoning. Set aside
3. In a separate deep pan, fill pan 1/4 full of water. Place a drainer on top of the pan, add asparagus (cut up into 1 inch pieces). Cover. Steam for 5-10 minutes.
4. In a pan: Melt butter, garlic, ¼ cup jerk seasoning in a pan bring to a light boil then add ½ & ½ , chicken broth, cayenne pepper and the rest of the herbs then let simmer.
5. In separate pan: Cook mushrooms in a pan with some oil or butter.
6. Add mushrooms, asparagus, jerk seasoned chicken breast in a pan and heat thoroughly.
7. Put ½ pasta of in a bowl then add ½ chicken, mushroom, asparagus mix and ½ of sauce mix thoroughly then add the rest of the pasta, chicken, mushroom, asparagus mix and sauce.
8. Serve with your choice of sides!