Turkey bacon avocado sandwichPosted: December 9, 2008
A great meal for an easy night..Simple, but delicious!!! This would make for a great lunch or make into minis for a brunch or shower!!
I cut the recipe in half for my sandwich and leftovers. I also toasted the bread as well! I also layered it rather than mixed it all together!
Found this recipe on myrecipes.com from Sunset!
Makes 8 to 10 half-sandwiches or 4 or 5 whole sandwiches
- 1 bone-in half turkey breast (about 2 lbs.; see Notes)-I used deli turkey meat and skipped the turkey cooking steps
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 avocados, cut into 1/2-in. dice (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into 1/2-in. dice
- 6 thick slices crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
- 8 to 10 slices hearty whole-grain wheat bread
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Put turkey breast in a 9- by 13-in. roasting pan and rub with olive oil. Sprinkle all over with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper and rub in evenly. Roast turkey until the thickest part of the breast reaches 160°, about 70 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit until cool enough to handle, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard skin, then cut meat into 1/2-in. dice (you will have about 3 cups turkey).
2. Meanwhile, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, lime zest, lime juice, chives, and remaining salt and pepper.
3. Put turkey, avocados, cherry tomatoes, and bacon in a large bowl; stir gently to combine. Add lime-mayonnaise dressing and stir to evenly coat filling.
4. Spoon sandwich filling onto 4 or 5 slices of bread and top with remaining slices. Cut each in half and serve.