Oreo TrufflesPosted: December 11, 2008
What a great great great easy recipe for a holiday dessert!! I decorated them for Christmas but could be easily decorated for any holiday or party…Use this for a quick but impressive dessert! Found on recipezaar.com
40 truffles (approximately)
- Using a food processor, grind cookies to a fine powder.
- With a mixer, blend cookie powder, cream cheese and vanilla extract until thoroughly mixed (there should be no white traces of cream cheese).
- Roll into small balls and place on wax-lined cookie sheet. (I used my cookie scoop, refrigerated it for a while, then rolled them and this made it A LOT less messy!)
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Line two cookie sheets with wax paper.
- In double-boiler, melt milk chocolate.
- Dip balls and coat thoroughly.
- With slotted spoon, lift balls out of chocolate and let excess chocolate drip off. (I used a skewer dipped them and it made it A LOT easier)
- Place on wax-paper-lined cookie sheet.
- In separate double boiler, melt white chocolate.
- Using a fork, drizzle white chocolate over balls. (I then sprinkled with colored sugars)
- Let cool.
- Store in airtight container, in refrigerator.