White chocolate raspberry butter creamPosted: April 19, 2009
A great frosting for a deep chocolate cupcake. Add you favorite extract for a perfect cake or cupcake topping! Found on Baking Addiction site! I topped these cupcakes with this frosting and they were TO DIE FOR!!
1 stick of unsalted butter (room temp)
1 8 ounce package of cream cheese (room temp)
6 ounces melted white chocolate (I used Ghirardelli White Chocolate Baking Bars)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons raspberry extract
4 1/2 to 5 cups powdered sugar (depends on your desired consistency)
- Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water NOT boiling. Once the chocolate is melted, set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat cream cheese in a mixing bowl until smooth and creamy, gradually add in melted white chocolate and beat until smooth.
- Beat in butter, vanilla and raspberry extracts.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar until it is all incorporated and smooth.
- Tint as necessary and frost.