O.N.E Coconut water reviewPosted: December 20, 2011
So here we go, review of coconut waters #1. I decided to best do these reviews was to drink the coconut water as intended. To replenish and rehydrate after a somewhat hard, sweaty activity. So, instead of sipping, tasting, enjoying the waters, I waited to try each one after a long hot yoga session, a hard HIIT on the elliptical, or after working in the yard/garage/etc on a hot florida day.
So today, after a rather HOT and VERY sweaty yoga session, I cracked open my first water. O.N.E coconut water.
Now mind you, I have tried 2 other coconut waters in my life and to be honest, HATED THEM. They tasted “thick” (if that makes any sense), had way too strong of a flavor of coconut, almost fake like, and just were not chugable like you’d want after a sweaty activity. So to be honest, I was a bit hesitant to do these reviews, but Denice is so awesome, I decided to give it a whirl again.
Today was O.N.E coconut water. After a hot yoga session on a hot Florida day, I tried this one. I was drinking it as I was driving to my errands, Christmas time chaos at Target (YIKES) so I was hoping this water would refresh me, rehydrate me enough to battle the crowds at Target then the grocery store. As I normally do after hot yoga, I chug as much chilled (key here is to drink coconut water chilled) water as I can. So I opened the chilled coconut water and chugged it down.
Here’s my thoughts:
1. Right away I noticed the taste. It was like a slight watery apple juice but very enjoyable. Not heavy, bland or overly sweet.
2. It didnt taste thick LOL
3. The plain coconut water flavor was subtle but enough to enjoy it
4. After I chugged it and drove another 20 mins to Target, I noticed I didnt “need” more water. Normally I chug 32-48 ounces after yoga, but this time I could drink more water, but wasnt CRAVING it like my life depended on it.
5. I felt hydrated after. Sometimes after yoga or elliptical, I drink to a ton of water but still have that dehydrated, run down feeling, so I grab Gatorade to help. Like Gatorade, this helped replenish me and help me feel hydrated yet I didnt have all the sugar and sweetness of a Gatorade. This is just natural coconut water. I didnt feel run down or achy after but was able to tackle Target and the grocery store!!
6. I liked the packaging too. Small, portable, and paper packaging is easy to dispose of. The box reminded me of drink boxes back in the day and make me feel a bit kid like…bonus there!! LOL!
Overall, I really did like this coconut water. Out of 5 stars I’d give this a 4.5-5 stars. Excellent!
Small enough to throw in your purse or bag, tasty, hydrates you well and nothing artificial in it!!! Definitely give this O.N.E coconut water a try. They even have flavored ones too!!
Hope this helps…keep your eyes peeled for more coconut water reviews over the next few days and weeks!!