Healthy pumpkin and chocolate chip muffinsPosted: September 22, 2008
Each week I try to bake a sweet bread for H’s lunches. With fall in the air (not yet here, but somewhere in the USA), I wanted to make something that was just of the season! So I found this recipe from Very Best Baking and decided to give it a try. It uses whole wheat flour, and I cut the oil back and halved the chocolate chips, enough to give us flavor, but not enough to ruin our calorie count. This is a healthy breakfast muffin sure to please!
I also submitted it to Joelen’s Culinary Adventurs Fall Foods and Red Wine event! Check out her blog and all her monthly blogging events!
I used my blender to mix all of the ingredients, minus the chips. I went in order of how it should be mixed, blended, and then added the next step. Stir in chips, pour into muffin tin. Cuts the prep time in half. Start to finish about 40 mins with gathering ingredients, and clean up (do while baking!) SO QUICK!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels